Fees are payable in advance by the first week of term. There is an option to pay in instalments and Childcare Vouchers (see below).
- Shernhall Pre-School fees:
- Fee paying 2 year olds £24.00 per session.
- Additional sessions for funded 2 year olds £24.00 per session.
- Additional sessions for 3 and 4 year olds are £24.00 per session
- Full day fee paying sessions are £54.00 per day
- The Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE see below) provides funding for up to 15 hours a week, following the term after the child’s third birthday, with a maximum of 6 hours care per day. Eligible 2 year olds are also entitled to 15 hours free entitlement.
- We also provide 30hrs funding for 3 & 4 years
- Lunch Club: £6.00 per day. Children bring in their own packed lunch. Can be paid using the Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE).
Paying by instalments and Childcare Vouchers
- Pre-school fees may be paid in three monthly instalments per term (Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms). Parents can pay by online payment to the pre-school’s bank account, by cheque or cash. A receipt will be issued at the time for cheque and cash payments.
- Childcare Vouchers: the setting and the employee will need to register with the scheme provider. Obtain information from your employer as to which company administers their scheme. Once we are registered with the relevant provider we will be able to accept your Childcare Vouchers.
- The Free Early Education Entitlement is payable for three year olds the term after they turn three and for eligible two year olds is the same.
- We provide Free Places for Two Year Olds. Parents can be eligible if they receive working tax credit and earn no more the £16790.00 a year. You can check to see if you are eligible through this website… https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/eychecker
- To receive funding parents must complete a ‘Parental Declaration Form’ and provide a copy of the child’s full birth certificate.
- The registration form asks how many hours you wish to receive funding for Shernhall Pre-School. The maximum allowable is 15 hours. If your child attends an additional setting, funding can be split between the two, up to a combined total of 15 hours.
- The number of hours your child attends above the number of funded hours will be charged at the current sessional rate (see above).
- If you have difficulties paying the bill at anytime, please discuss with pre-school as soon as possible.
- If we do not receive payment by the specified date parents will be reminded within two weeks, they will receive a written reminder after one month and, if payment is not received by the end of the term, the place will be withdrawn, or reduced to funded hours.
Notice Period and Refunds
- Shernhall Pre-School requires a half-term’s notice period (that is, 2 weeks depending on the half term) if you no longer require the place.
- Unfortunately, refunds can not be made for absences through sickness or holidays.
- Shernhall Pre-School aims to be a fully inclusive setting and aims to remove all reasonable barriers for children to attend the setting. Children will be offered a place regardless of their gender, culture, language, religion, physical or learning ability, or home location.
- Shernhall Pre-School operates a waiting list system. The main intake is September; however, children may be contacted, if places become available through the year.
- Parents are contacted in June/July to discuss places for the September start.
- We accept children from the age of two years old.
- We offer flexibility in terms of the days and sessions a child attends, subject to availability. Minimum number of sessions (a ‘session’ is 3 hours) is 3 session.